Thursday 6 September 2012

MK & Longchamp - An eBay find!

I love pattern, colour and fabulous prints.

Anyone that follows me on Instagram (plug: thefrugalyetfabulouslife - find me!) will know this from my collection of patterned trousers and silk shirts, and becuase of this one of my most favourite designers is Mary Katrantzou. 
I adore the brand because of her love for a fabulous print, pattern and bold & beautiful colour palettes. 

It was announced only a couple of days ago (4/9/2012) that she will be up against Stella McCartney and Christopher Kane for the British Fashion Council's Designer of the Year such an achievement for someone that only won the BFC's Emerging Talent of the Year in 2011, it's greatly deserved for a wonderful gorgeous brand!

Her pieces, for obvious reasons, are coveted by many and highly sought after: her Topshop collaboration was one of the High Streets quickest sell outs! 
I was looking on eBay to see if I could find anything from the Topshop collection when I came across a Mary Katrantzou for Longchamp bag. 

I have always thought about getting a Longchamp to chuck in my stuff that doesn't fit in my Mulberry, but I find their standard bags a bit blah and so Cheltenham Ladies College - I walk past it everyday and all the girls have one!

I decided to go for it and won the bag (yay!) then it arrived in the post (yay!) and looked rather untouched!
I really do find it quiet lovely and its a piece of patterned loveliness!



I did buy this for practical reasons (to take on the plane with me to Oslo!) and I think I have found the perfect vessel for all my extra jumpers, tees and shoes. 

I know the collaboration came out earlier this year and with Longchamp's newer collaboration with Jeremy Scott and his oh so cool rainbow keyboard print seen in the crux of Rihanna's arm I know its not the most coveted any more, but it really do think its something lovely! 
I still smile at the oriental inspired pattern and super strength colours! 

Its not an everyday bag by all means (there are no pockets - every bag should have pockets!!)  but its a wonderful holder perfect for weekends away and excess baggage.
Most of all it's my own little piece of MK. 

J x

No comments:

Post a Comment