Sunday 2 September 2012

Literary happiness...

Whilst lots of fashionistas are jumping on the comic book trend brought to you by Phillip Lim 3.1 and Marcus Lupfer - unfortunately now Primark are on board (not that there is anything wrong with Primark but when you see a 50 year old granny wearing a pink & black "pow" jumper like i did today I'm out!!) I however want to set a different literary trent and focus on the classics.

Ever since the exquisite Olympia La Tan book clutches were seen all over the red carpet I have been hunting all over for classic book covers on clothes.

If anyone would like to buy me either of these I would be eternally grateful?


I have recently become massively obsessed with F. Scott Fitzgerald classic The Great Gatsby after never reading it at school (it was a Street Car Named Desire for me of the American Classics!) I have absolutely fallen head over heels for the story, characters and the era.

So browsing the net, as you, do I came across the most amazing sweat shirt on Truffle Shuffle, a site famed for it's use of famous imagery on tees, sweats and hoodies... And there was one with the original first edition cover of The Great Gatsby and I had to have it. It's by a company called Out Of Print and their tees and sweatshirts have the first edition illustrations on the front; they have Pride & Prejudice, The Wizard of Oz and Wuthering Heights to name but a few.


It is the most wonderful marled blue and such lovely quality... I have a feeling I will be wearing this a lot on dress down days!! I have had such lovely comments about it and really want to buy another one - I kinda really love the Pride & Prejudice one!! Next pay day maybe!!

My only hope is that in 70 years time people aren't doing the same and finding 50 shades emblazoned on a sweatshirt - book and their covers aren't quiet what they used to be....

No comments:

Post a Comment