Saturday 15 September 2012

New York Fashion Week: My Edit (pt.1)

I had originally planned to do a post a day on my favourite NYFW shows but due too work commitments and a trans-seasonal cold (ergh!) unfortunately i couldn't  - but here's my edit of the NYFW shows and my pick of my favourite (and not so favourite) trends, patterns and looks... ooh is it spring yet? 

Prabal Gurung: 
who was an unknown to the masses until Kate Middleton wore one of his dresses on her tour of the Far East but SJP & Mila Kunis have been fans of his for a while and we can all see why....



Love the colours & pattern. 
Looks like short suits are here to stay people, and who will wear the bottom dress on the red carpet? Its darling! 

Alexander Wang:
although the show was stolen by his adorable little niece (though I do think its a little wrong a girl of three wearing leather - just me?!) and the return of Liberty Ross after the Kirsten Stewart affair. 


Sport Luxe with a lot of laser cutting, leather, lovely sleeves and monochrome. 
It's a good collection from AW - but I feel like I have seen it all before? I wouldn't say no to the sandals though!

 3.1 Phillip Lim:
Um... not a collection for me - fluro pink denim dungarees are not for me - but for the street stylish this is their inspiration board for SS13.


Thakoon:


Patterns of hummingbirds and big beautiful blooms - peplums and lovely skirt lengths. 
Its a beautiful collection of loveliness, I just love that middle dress!!

Tory Burch:
Ethnic embellishment and a beautiful colours - this is probably one of my favourite collections - it all looks so wearable with a hint of Isabel Marant! 



If there isn't a high street version of this shirt - i'm going to attempt to make my own! 
I love the little beaded line at the front! SO lovely!!!

Oscar De La Renta:
Pink & turquoise, texture & sparkle: So kitsch it hurts! 




Can't wait to see this dress on the red carpet though it will clash clash clash in such a good way!!


No comments:

Post a Comment